Have you ever taken something that wasn't for you? Did it feel sweet, knowing you had something you weren't supposed to have? Well, sometimes sweet things have bitter consequences.
- Last time, we talked about Lady Wisdom (Proverbs 8).
- This time, in Proverbs chapter 9, we’ll meet Lady Folly.
- Verse of the day-
- Proverbs 9:17, “Stolen water is sweet, and bread eaten in secret is pleasant.”
- This is true, but it’s not something we ascribe to.
- The Woman of Folly in Proverbs 9:13-18 (sexual overtones)
- Folly tells us to believe that when we get something that’s not ours, it can be kind of sweet.
- BUT there’s always a consequence. Just because you didn’t get caught does not mean you got away with it.
- Sometimes we try to do or have things that are GOOD, but not at the proper time, and that makes them bad.
- Other things are never for you, but you still have access to them. Consequences apply to these, as well.
- If it’s not for you, you can’t take it without consequence.
- Read all of Proverbs 9. We’re looking at one verse, but mine and dig for treasures in the book of Proverbs. #GetWisdom
Proclaim Ministries Social Media Accounts